Even people who personal or lease their very own autos and use these rides for almost all of their journeys can often profit from ride-hailing companies like Uber and Lyft.
If you happen to depend your self amongst them, you’ll come out forward while you use one in every of these Uber-friendly playing cards as your default fee technique. The playing cards close to the highest of the listing deal with Uber followers higher, however in addition they carry excessive annual charges — a possible deal breaker for frugal cardholders who can’t take full benefit of their rewards applications and value-added perks. So take a while to evaluate all of your choices.
Greatest Credit score Playing cards for Uber Rides
For finest outcomes, select your most well-liked Uber card from this listing and designate it as your default Uber fee technique.
If you happen to personal a small enterprise or earn ample earnings as a freelancer or solopreneur to qualify for a small-business bank card, designate your most well-liked enterprise card as your default fee technique for business-related journey (and ask your accountant whether or not stated journey qualifies for a self-employment tax deduction).
1. Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card
$300 Annual Credit score Towards Qualifying Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 50% Enhance on Eligible Journey Redemptions
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card is the perfect bank card for frequent Uber rides for one easy motive: Chase characterizes ridesharing fares and suggestions as journey purchases for the needs of its industry-leading $300 annual journey credit score.
If you happen to make no different journey purchases along with your Sapphire Reserve card till you’ve spent $300 in Uber fares year-to-date, you rack up $300 in free Uber rides. Since Sapphire Reserve is an ultra-premium journey rewards bank card marketed to frequent vacationers, most cardholders don’t spend their whole journey credit score on ridesharing fares. However it’s good to have a lot leeway.
Even higher, when you’ve used up your $300 journey credit score, you’ll nonetheless earn 3 factors per $1 spent on Uber purchases. That’s a 4.5% fee of return while you redeem for journey bookings by means of the Chase Final Rewards journey portal.
- Signal-Up Bonus: Spend a minimum of $4,000 in qualifying purchases inside 3 months to earn 60,000 bonus Final Rewards factors. That’s price as much as $900 when redeemed for airfare, resorts, and different journey purchases by means of the Chase Final Rewards portal.
- Incomes Rewards: After incomes your annual journey credit score, you’ll earn limitless 3 Final Rewards factors per $1 spent on journey and eating purchases worldwide. Uber rides are categorized as journey purchases. All different eligible purchases earn a vast 1 Final Rewards level per $1 spent.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem for journey bookings by means of the Chase Final Rewards portal, money again through checking account deposits and assertion credit, reward playing cards, level of sale purchases with choose retailers (together with Amazon), and different choices. Factors are price $0.015 apiece when redeemed for journey and $0.01 apiece when redeemed for money.
- Key Charges: The annual price is $550, and there’s a $75 licensed consumer price per further consumer, per 12 months. There isn’t a overseas transaction price.
- Different Perks: Switch accrued factors to a couple of dozen journey companions at a 1-to-1 ratio. Get pleasure from complimentary airport lounge entry at greater than 1,000 Precedence Cross lounges worldwide. Earn worthwhile perks at high-end resorts and resorts worldwide, together with versatile check-in and complimentary room upgrades when accessible
See our Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card evaluate for extra data. Learn the way to use for this card right here.
2. The Platinum Card® from American Categorical
As much as $200 in Uber Credit Per Yr ($15 Per Month & $20 in December)
The Platinum Card® from American Categorical appeals on to Uber riders with a $15 month-to-month credit score (and an additional $20 credit score in December) in opposition to Uber fares paid with the cardboard.
In contrast with across-the-board journey credit calculated on a year-to-date foundation, the Platinum Card’s Uber credit demand extra intentionality. As a result of the credit score is capped at $15 monthly for 11 months out of the 12 months and the Platinum Card earns simply 1 level per $1 spent on Uber rides above the credit score threshold, you’ll need to have a backup Uber fee technique if you happen to plan to spend considerably greater than $15 monthly on ridesharing.
- Welcome Supply: Earn 80,000 Membership Rewards® Factors after you spend $8,000 on purchases in your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Apply and choose your most well-liked steel Card design: basic Platinum Card®, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 5 Membership Rewards factors per $1 spent on sure eligible journey purchases: flights booked immediately with airways or by means of American Categorical Journey and pay as you go resorts booked by means of American Categorical Journey.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem Membership Rewards factors on the Membership Rewards portal for journey bookings, reward playing cards, money again, normal merchandise, and particular experiences provided by Amex companions. Redemption minimums usually begin at 1,000 factors, and factors are often price $0.005 to $0.01 apiece at redemption. Journey redemptions supply the perfect worth.
- Key Charges: The annual price is $695. There’s no licensed consumer price or overseas transaction price. See rates & fees for extra data.
- Different Perks: Along with the $200 annual Uber credit score, there’s a $200 annual airline price credit score that’s good in opposition to purchases with the airline of your selection. Different advantages embrace complimentary entry to greater than 1,000 airport lounges worldwide, particular perks and advantages at a number of the world’s most luxurious resorts, and computerized Gold and Gold Elite loyalty standing with Hilton Honors and Marriott Bonvoy, respectively.
See our Platinum Card® from American Categorical evaluate for extra data. Study extra about this card and learn the way to use right here.
3. Chase Ink Enterprise Most popular Credit score Card
3x Factors on Eligible Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 25% Enhance on Eligible Journey Redemptions
Just like the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, the Chase Ink Enterprise Most popular Credit score Card earns 3 factors per $1 spent on eligible journey purchases, together with ridesharing fares. The distinction is that the 3x incomes fee on journey purchases tops out at $150,000 in mixed class purchases per 12 months, after which journey purchases earn 1 level per $1 spent.
That stated, except you have got a whole lot of globe-trotting staff, you’re in all probability not going to rack up $150,000 in Uber prices every year in your small-business bank card.
Factors earned by means of Uber spending with the Ink Enterprise Most popular card are price $0.0125 when redeemed for journey bookings on the Chase Final Rewards portal. That’s a 3.75% return on spending. Factors transferred to collaborating journey companions might earn a good larger return, relying on the redemption technique.
- Signal-Up Bonus: While you spend a minimum of $8,000 in eligible purchases inside 3 months of opening your account, you earn 100,000 bonus Final Rewards factors. That is price $1,250 when redeemed for journey purchases, and $1,000 when redeemed for money again or normal merchandise.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 3 factors per $1 spent on journey (together with Uber and different ridesharing fares), delivery, communications, and sure digital promoting purchases, as much as an annual mixed spending restrict of $150,000. Earn a vast 1 level per $1 spent on the whole lot else, together with favored class purchases above the cap.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem for Chase Final Rewards journey bookings, money again, reward playing cards, level of sale purchases with Amazon and different retailers, and extra. Factors are price $0.0125 apiece when redeemed for journey and $0.01 apiece when redeemed for many different choices.
- Key Charges: The annual price is $95. There isn’t a overseas transaction price or price for added licensed customers.
- Different Perks: Switch factors to a couple of dozen Chase journey companions at a 1-to-1 ratio, probably magnifying factors’ worth considerably. Get pleasure from journey insurance coverage and different journey protections, together with journey interruption and cancellation protection.
See our Chase Ink Enterprise Most popular Credit score Card evaluate for extra data. Learn the way to use for this card right here.
4. Chase Sapphire Most popular® Card
2x Factors on Eligible Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 25% Enhance on Eligible Journey Redemptions
The Chase Sapphire Most popular® Card is the junior cousin to the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card. Whereas Sapphire Most popular isn’t fairly as beneficiant, it nonetheless earns 2 factors per $1 spent on Uber fares and presents a pleasant worth increase on journey redemptions: 25% over the $0.01-per-point baseline for money redemptions. That’s a 2.5% return on Uber spending. Factors transferred to collaborating journey companions might earn a good larger return on spending, relying on how they’re redeemed.
- Signal-Up Bonus: Earn 60,000 bonus factors, price as much as $750 on journey bought by means of Final Rewards, while you spend a minimum of $4,000 inside 3 months.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn limitless 3 factors per $1 spent on eligible eating purchases. Earn limitless 2 factors per $1 spent on qualifying journey purchases, together with Uber fares. Earn limitless 1 level per $1 on all different eligible purchases.
- Redeeming Rewards: The easiest way to redeem is for journey bookings made by means of the Chase Final Rewards journey portal. This feature values factors at $0.0125 apiece. Different redemption choices, all of which worth factors at $0.01 apiece, embrace reward playing cards, money again, and purchases with choose service provider companions (together with Amazon).
- Key Charges: The annual price is $95. There’s no price for added licensed customers and no overseas transaction price.
- Different Perks: Switch accrued factors to collaborating journey companions (a couple of dozen in all) at a beneficiant 1-to-1 ratio.
See our Chase Sapphire Most popular® Card evaluate for extra data. Learn the way to use for this card right here.
5. Apple Card
3% Money Again on Uber Purchases Made Utilizing Apple Pay
Apple Card is a distinct sort of bank card, and it’s price studying our full evaluate (linked under) for extra on precisely what meaning. While you make purchases with the Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats app utilizing Apple Pay, you’ll earn 3% money again, routinely redeemed to your account each day.
- Signal-Up Bonus: There’s at the moment no sign-up bonus. Verify the issuer’s web site for the newest bonus particulars.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 3% money again on purchases made with Apple, together with any merchandise or companies on the Apple Retailer, Apple.com, the App Retailer, or iTunes. Earn 3% money again on choose Apple Pay purchases, together with these made by means of the Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats apps.
- Redeeming Rewards: Money again is routinely redeemed to your account daily.
- Key Charges: There isn’t a annual price or overseas transaction price.
- Different Perks: Apple Card has novel interest-reduction options and different perks not widespread within the bank card world.
See our Apple Card evaluate for extra data. Study extra about this card and learn the way to use right here.
6. Capital One® Enterprise® Rewards Credit score Card
2x Factors on All Eligible Purchases, Together with Uber Fares
The Capital One® Enterprise® Rewards Credit score Card is likely one of the hottest journey rewards bank cards in the marketplace. Its rewards program delivers limitless 2 factors on each buy, daily, together with on Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats purchases. That provides as much as a 2% fee of return on Uber spending while you redeem factors for assertion credit in opposition to prior journey purchases.
- Early Spend Bonus: Earn 75,000 bonus miles after you spend $4,000 on the cardboard inside 3 months from account opening. That is price $750 in journey bills at redemption.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn limitless 2 miles per $1 spent on most purchases, together with all purchases with Uber apps. For a restricted time, earn 10 miles per $1 spent on purchases at resorts.com/enterprise.
- Redeeming Rewards: The easiest way to redeem is for assertion credit in opposition to prior journey purchases at a per-point fee of $0.01. Partial redemptions are allowed. Different redemption choices embrace reward playing cards, normal assertion credit, and merchandise, all at variable level values.
- Introductory APR: None.
- Key Charges: The $95 annual price is waived through the first 12 months. There isn’t a overseas transaction price.
- Different Perks: Get pleasure from $100 off your International Entry or TSA PreCheck utility price, plus a bunch of procuring and journey advantages, together with prolonged warranties and automotive rental protection.
See our Capital One® Enterprise® Rewards Credit score Card evaluate for extra data. Study extra about this card and learn the way to use right here.
Methodology: How We Choose the Greatest Uber Credit score Playing cards
One of the best bank cards for Uber rides additionally are typically the perfect bank cards for different kinds of journey purchases. However every card on this listing has some essential options and capabilities in widespread. These are crucial ones we thought-about when placing it collectively.
Reward Charge for Native Transportation Purchases
Uber purchases qualify as native transportation purchases, a service provider code that additionally encompasses public transit, tolls, parking charges, and associated bills. Most bank card rewards applications deal with all native transportation purchases the identical, and we glance out for those who reward them above and past most different kinds of purchases.
Reward Charge on Complementary Purchases
We additionally take a look at how bank cards reward purchases that naturally complement ride-hailing purchases and native transportation purchases usually. A very powerful complementary classes for frequent Uber customers are restaurant (eating) and normal journey purchases, since many individuals use ride-hailing companies after they’re out in town or touring removed from dwelling.
New Cardmember Bonus
Many of the playing cards on this listing supply engaging bonuses for brand new cardmembers. That’s no accident, as the perfect Uber bank cards (and the perfect journey bank cards usually) are typically beneficiant on this entrance.
The decrease the annual price, the higher. However bank cards with no annual charges in any respect have a tendency to not be as beneficiant as these with recurring levies. The place doable, we want playing cards with low or no annual charges, with costlier-but-more-generous playing cards shut behind.
One of the best Uber bank cards have a great deal of perks and advantages for frequent vacationers. Few supply direct advantages for Uber riders past the reward fee, however those who do get favored therapy in our evaluation. In any other case, the extra worth a card presents for vacationers, the upper it’s more likely to be on this listing.
Uber Credit score Card FAQs
If you happen to’re nonetheless not sure about what to anticipate out of your subsequent Uber-friendly bank card, we have now solutions to some widespread questions.
Do You Want Good Credit score to Get an Uber Credit score Card?
Not essentially. Nevertheless, usually, premium journey rewards bank cards require good or glorious credit score, together with many playing cards on this listing. In case you have restricted credit score historical past or your FICO rating is far under 700, you might have hassle qualifying for these playing cards.
What Are the Greatest Uber Credit score Playing cards With out Annual Charges?
Unhappy to say, the perfect Uber bank cards have annual charges, generally in extra of $250. One of the best Uber bank card with out an annual price is the Apple Card.
How Do Credit score Card Firms Categorize Uber Fares?
Uber fares virtually at all times qualify as normal journey or native transportation purchases. Many bank cards particularly reward native transportation purchases, but when yours doesn’t, examine the fantastic print on its rewards program to see if ride-hailing purchases qualify as normal journey.
Do These Credit score Playing cards Reward Purchases With Uber Eats and Postmates?
Some do, however not as a part of the native transportation class. Purchases with Uber Eats and Postmates, each of that are owned by Uber, usually qualify as restaurant or eating purchases. If you wish to earn bonus factors or miles on them, select a card that favors restaurant or eating spending or a card that favors a sure fee technique, like Apple Card does with Apple Pay.
Is the Shopper Uber Credit score Card Nonetheless Round?
No, the Uber client bank card is now not accessible. Whereas that is little doubt disappointing to Uber followers, this listing exhibits simply what number of options there are for rewarding Uber rides. And if you happen to drive for Uber, you’ll be able to reap the benefits of the newer Uber Pro Card, a enterprise debit Mastercard that gives rewards and perks for ride-hailing drivers.
Whereas the perfect all-around Uber card is the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, thanks primarily to the beneficiant $300 journey credit score, the Platinum Card from American Categorical isn’t a foul selection both if you happen to can hold your Uber spending at or close to $15 monthly.
If you happen to spend greater than $200 to $300 monthly on Uber rides, there’s no motive to cease at one card. Credit score-qualified Uber lovers can declare as much as $500 in Uber credit per 12 months by rotating their Uber spending by means of these two premium journey rewards bank cards — although, in follow, Uber spending gained’t account for many Chase Sapphire Reserve customers’ whole journey credit score allowance.